1. Honesty is the first of our core values, and let’s be honest, this industry has not be synonymous with this word. Berlin City Auto Group is out to change that. We work hard to know ourselves, so we can be as honest, straightforward and authentic as possible. We admit mistakes when we make them, respect and encourage in our partners and stand by our commitments. Honesty does not mean saying everything that’s on our minds (we’d never get any work done), but it means speaking the truth when we do speak and always acting with integrity.
2. Integrity at Berlin City Auto Group looks like meaning what we say and saying what we mean. That may sound like a line from Dr. Seuss (it is), but it’s true. Walk your talk is another way to express it. We don’t make commitments we can’t honor or promises we can’t keep. We want our customers to feel like their experience with us is more than a transaction, it’s a positive encounter in every way. Our aim is to get them the car of their dreams, at a price they can afford with a fun process that makes them genuinely feel served by people who are caring.
3. Caring starts with selflessness, doing what is best for the customers and the dealership, before yourself. In order to uncover the unique needs of a customer, we first have to care about them enough to get curious so we can learn. When we care about people, we treat them, their time and their money with respect. Our goal is that customers and team members know here at Berlin City Auto Group, they matter. Even one person can turn an experience into a negative one, which is why we all have to care and bring the process together with teamwork.
4. Teamwork has been used on more inspirational human resource posters than any other word for a reason: We just can’t do this alone. In this business, there are so many customer touch points that are critical. No matter what your job description, you have an effect on overall customer satisfaction either directly or indirectly. Bring your innovation, creativity and passion to work every day with the aim of spreading it to your team, and miracles can happen. When the way you work makes others around you want to be better, you know you’re on the road to excellence.
5. Excellence, because no one wakes up in the morning sand says “I want to be mediocre today.” We make some big promises to our customers, and we can’t deliver on those promises without excellence in our work and our processes. When we promise our customers things like timely transactions, it takes an attention to detail and commitment to do their best work from everyone involved, every time. We also believe in setting people up for success, and do our part to provide guidance, transparency and clarity.
6. Clarity in all of our communications with our partners and customers is key to our success. Berlin City Auto Group is based on Easy, and you don’t get there with convoluted communication, you get there with crystal clear intentions and rock solid execution. Communicating honestly with integrity and caring won’t matter if no one knows what the heck we’re talking about. Remember also, that clarity is not just about speaking and writing clearly and articulately, it’s also about listening and understanding and never forgetting to say thank you.